Zum Inhalt springen
Ultraleicht Trekking

Use Hyberg Attila RS for up to a month of hiking?

Gerard28

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello! Im visiting your forum to find out more information about the Hikerhaus/Hyberg Attila RS which is quite hard. I hope you dont mind :), I found this forum by chance on Reddit...

Anyway Im going on a several week long hike this summer and was wondering if the Hyberg Attila RS is a good choice? It the quality of the pack up for the job?

I have tried to look throught yours and other forum but I have not found any review of a longterm use... and the company does not have the best reputation, i'm a bit hesitant. I currently have an Exped Lighting 45 so I might just go with that. At the same time I want to shave of a few grams and try a frameless pack...

Yes, there were a problems reported (e.g. in this forum, but if I remember right, also in other places) with Hyberg Backpacks & also about the handling of complaints...

If you go for you a frameless pack, I can recommend the packs of Huckepacks (huckepacks.de Cottage in Cologne, germany) or the Lightway Elementum (you get it at walkonthewildside.de or sackundpack.de) or the Gossamer Gear Kumo (you get it at the same shops), the last 2 I use myself...

1 hour ago khyal wrote:

Yes, there were a problems reported (e.g. in this forum, but if I remember right, also in other places) with Hyberg Backpacks & also about the handling of complaints...

If you go for you a frameless pack, I can recommend the packs of Huckepacks (huckepacks.de Cottage in Cologne, germany) or the Lightway Elementum (you get it at walkonthewildside.de or sackundpack.de) or the Gossamer Gear Kumo (you get it at the same shops), the last 2 I use myself...

Alright thank you for the recommendations. The lightway looks interesting. Seen some youtubers with it as well.

Bearbeitet von Gerard28

I have bought my Attila in 2021 and used for several up to 8 days hiking tours in the Alps, from my side there are no complains and I expect that it would be suitable for longer hikes too. In 2021 I was in mail contact with Christine Thürmer, a 'famous'  German hiker and she used the same backpack for their long hikes too (several 1000km..), I have follow her timeline in facebook and could so this backpack in the published pictures (you have to go in 2020 and 2021, before she used an another backpack)

I don't think that is going to be an issue for me. Seams are still strong, it's the material that wears out. It already has double the km on it than my broken down zPacks pack for 1/4 the price. I will be happy to trash it one day and try something new.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Gerard28:

Thanks for the answers!

My current impression is that people seems to be happy with their Hybergs until they breaks then it might be a problem to get a return/repair under warranty... or is that an exaggeration?

This might be true for every piece of gear: you're happy until it breaks. And as we all know every pack will break at some point. I can't complain of my Hyberg pack. For me Hyberg has two significant arguments: availability and price. Also there seem to be no quality issues.

Furthermore I don't know where you got the information about the warranty from, because nobody mentioned it in this thread (reddit perhaps?).

Eventually for me there is one major concern: transparency. Having a look on their web site you can find a phone number which is similar to the phone number of 'Hikerhaus', an outdoorshop in Berlin. So Hyberg seems to be a brand of Hikerhaus or vice versa. But you can also find an address in Estonia. So Hyberg suggests to be a german cottage company (this is said in some backpack reviews at least) but there are no proofs to this. I assume Hyberg would have it on their web site, if their products were (hand) made in Germany. It is more likely their packs are manufactored in eastern Europe (or even China perhaps, again due to a lack of transparency you can't know), what explains the low price tags. 

I own the Bandit and Attila made from x-pac. They are basic lightweight Backpacks. Nothing special. Pretty similar to Huckepacks, bonfus, etc. Some details are different. 

The Attila got some Design improvements since I bought it. That is a better drainage system in the side pockets and an improved three point strap for the main compartment to better fix a sleeping pad. 
What I don’t like about the Attila: it has a pad inside which can only be removed when the main compartment is almost empty. So no convenient dual use for sitting down.

Overall those are good backpacks.

They „forgot“ my order however. I ordered when they didn’t have the Backpack in stock. The delivery got delayed several times, and I was offered to cancel, what I declined. 2 weeks after the promised delivery date I had not heard anything. After a call I got my Backpack, though. 

I had one of the early Attilas in 2016. There was an issue with the hipbelt pockets which were sewn to the hipbelt in a wrong way so they couldnt be used properly. I guess that was due to a lacking quality control. I sent the pack to hyberg and had it back within a few weeks with new and proper attached hipbelt pockets. Only thing was, I had to ask hyberg after 3 weeks or so. After this, they sent the pack immediatly.

Overall quality and sturdyness of the pack seemed quite good to me, allthough I did not have it in heavy use, around 500-1000 kilometers without bushwacking. Had zero complaints in this time.

Deine Meinung

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um mit Deinem Konto zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Forumssponsoren

• Neu erstellen...