Zum Inhalt springen
Ultraleicht Trekking

Langstreckenwanderung Europa

Sjeanmarc

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello.

Sorry, as I'm French and I don't speak German, I'm writing in English. I just discovered this forum as some people linked a post to my blog. As I'm now lockdowned in my apartment, my social life is reduced and there's only phone and internet for that...

I love long distance hikes. I hiked in Nepal, Appalachian Trail but I love particularly long distance hikes in Europe. Here, we have not only wilderness but also history, culture... I'm very happy to find information when I'm preparing a long distance hike so in return, I try to do the same when I'm doing one. So, you can have a look on my blog in french (more complete but in french...) or in english if you want information (GPS track, accomodation, water...) about those hikes. Hiking through Balkans, Carpathians, all Italy are splendids. I specialy love the Pyrenees (my home mountain...).

CarteTreks.jpg

• 3 Wochen später...

Hello. In Italy, from the eastern island of Sicily (Marettimo) to the French Border, I hiked 2530 kilometers. Depending on how many kilometers you hike a day, it takes 3 months (30km/day) to 4 months (20km/day).

It's easy to make 2/3 weeks in Sicily then the same in Calabria... etc.

You will find more about this thru-hike of Italy and the other ones on my blog.

• 1 Monat später...
Am 20.3.2020 um 12:20 schrieb Sjeanmarc:

but also history, culture...

May I ask how do you learn about history and culture on your hikes? For me this is also a great motivation, but I'm unsure how to grasp all the relevant informations/experiences.

Do you carry books while you hike? Do you approach locals for that?

I'm quite curious ;-)

Bearbeitet von cluster

vor 13 Minuten schrieb cluster:

May I ask how do you learn about history and culture on your hikes? For me this is also a great motivation, but I'm unsure how to grasp all the relevant informations/experiences.

Do you carry books while you hike? Do you approach locals for that?

I'm quite curious ;-)

Well, usually, I'm starting to think about a new long distance hike in autumn and I have 6 months to prepare it : preparing the GPS track, learning foreign language, reading books, novels, watching movies about those countries.

I bring some ebooks or pdf books but once I'm hiking, I don't have a lot of time (and mind) to read.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Sjeanmarc:

I have 6 months to prepare it : preparing the GPS track, learning foreign language, reading books, novels, watching movies about those countries.

Wow, that is a really extensive preparation and even learning a foreign language! I like it.

But you are right, learning a the local language gives you a lot of opportunities. Unfortunetaly I'm very untalented with foreign languages and I would need years of dedication to study a new language :wacko:

Hi and welcome to ul-forum, @Sjeanmarc,

check the linked  forum. It doesn‘t only deal with Camino de Santiago routes but also with others and international long distance hiking routes (scroll down...).

Wish you to find some good ideas there: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/

As a really nice french guy and pilgrim friend (25.000 km on all Caminos in Europe) said in 2014 on the Norte: Le Chemin, c’est ma vie!

So long 
DonCamino

Bearbeitet von DonCamino

Hello

I will start the "Grande Traversée de la France" June 17th from the French/German border. 3 months hiking, 2500km 117km of elevation gain from Alsace to Basque Country through the five mountain ranges of France : Vosges (Grande Traversée des Vosges), Jura (Grande Traversée du Jura), Alps (north part of the GR5), Massif Central and Pyrenees (HRP).

More info of my way (GPS track, information...) in english or in french

Carte GTF.jpg

• 1 Jahr später...
  • 7 Monate später...

For those interested, I'm back from my hike through Armenia, Georgia and Turkey.

From the iranian border to Istanbul, I hiked 3200 kilometers, 105 days mostly on paths, gravel roads and almost without asphalt. The hospitality, the scenery are extraordinary. I updated all the information (water, resupply, GPS tracks) : Caminaire

• 4 Monate später...

Vuelta Volta: After a long distance hike in Caucasus and Turkey in 2022, this year back in Europe with the Vuelta-Volta : 4800km around the Iberian Peninsula linking existing paths (Via Algarviana, Rota Vicentina, Alta Via Cantábrica, GR11, GR7...). Start march 5th.

All information (GPS track, resupply, accomodation...) on Vuelta Volta.

Carte-VueltaVolta1-1 texte.jpg

Bearbeitet von Sjeanmarc

• 6 Monate später...
Am 18/02/2023 um 07:52 schrieb Sjeanmarc:

Vuelta VoltaToutes les informations (tracé GPS, ravitaillement, hébergement...) sur la Vuelta Volta .

Carte-VueltaVolta1-1 texte.jpg

I updated all the information (GPS tracks, water, resupply, accomodation...) about this long distance hike.

4700km - 160000m of positive ascent - 128 days hiking - 5 months all together (injury, bad weather...).

Feedback: perhaps the only such long distance hike doable in one go with good weather conditions. Almost all the way out of asphalted roads. Very varied landscapes ocean at the beginning, countryside, small typical villages and the superb Pyrenees - Cantabrian Mountains to finish (with the 3 highest peaks on the way). A lot ideas off the beaten track paths in Portugal and Spain.

Deine Meinung

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde Dich bitte an, um mit Deinem Konto zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...